Quick and Reliable Fire Damage Restoration in Montana

Salvage Your Home or Business With Our Fire Damage Restoration Services.

Get Your Life Back After Suffering From Fire Damage

Having your business or home consumed by a fire can be an incredible loss. Having clear guidance and support in salvaging your property is essential in the aftermath.

At ServiceMaster Restore of Montana, our team of caring professionals is here to help you get back into your home or business as quickly as possible. Contact us immediately if you’ve suffered residential or commercial fire damage.

Comprehensive Fire Damage Services

A fire at your home or business can wreak havoc on your property in more ways than one. In addition to having fire, soot, and smoke damage, you also have to contend with water damage.

Thousands of gallons of water get poured into your property while firefighters attempt to save the structure. Water damage can affect your floors, walls, and possessions.

Fires can also leave behind countless odors from smoke, fire, mold, and water damage. Biological and sewage sources are an invisible threat that can disrupt your and your family’s health.

Whatever damage you’re dealing with after a fire, we have the professional systems, specialty equipment, and products to tackle it.

How Our Process Works

Step One: Get in Touch

Depending upon your location, contact our Kalispell, Missoula, or Billings locations in Montana.

Step Two: We Get to Work

Our fire damage restoration specialists will immediately head to your location to assess the damage.

Step Three: Have Your Property Restored

Alleviate your stress by partnering with an experienced fire damage restoration company.

Restore Your Home or Business After a Fire

You don’t have to suffer through the aftermath of fire alone. Contact ServiceMaster Restore of Montana today to learn more about our fire damage restoration services.

Fire Damage FAQ

What are the common types of fires that can occur?

Protein Fire – Food from the oven or stove has burned, leaving strong burnt food odors and smoke residue on contents and surfaces.

Complex Fire – Multiple natural and synthetic items inside your home have burned causing black smoke residue on contents and surfaces and synthetic smoke odors. Here, emergency corrosion mitigation is needed to protect at-risk surfaces.

Natural Fire – Trees, shrubs and bushes have burned and smoke has penetrated the structure from outside, so smoke residue and odor are present.

Furnace Malfunction – Heating appliances such as oil-fired furnaces have malfunctioned and caused smoke to be distributed throughout the property.


How long will the restoration process take?

 Because there are many variables and many services involved in fire and smoke restoration, it is difficult to predict exactly how long the complete restoration will take. Consult with your ServiceMaster Restore Restoration Technician on the estimated dates and phases of your restoration project.

Can I clean it myself?

 We suggest that you do not attempt any “do-it-yourself” cleaning methods without consulting your ServiceMaster Restore Restoration Technician. Pretesting, using the right cleaning agent for the particular item, mixing deodorizing agents with cleaning solutions and using correct dilution rates are just some of the ways a fire restoration technician expertly controls the results. Professional cleaning systems and products used by experienced, trained ServiceMaster Restore Restoration Technicians give you the best chance for complete restoration of your belongings.

What are some safety concerns?

 At ServiceMaster Restore, occupant and worker safety is top priority. During the initial inspection, safety hazards are identified and addressed, including debris removal, air quality, electrical hazards, slip and trip hazards, etc. Burnt electrical cords and appliances are separated out for disposal, and questionable electrical appliances are unplugged and tagged for evaluation of safe operation. Electrical power may be turned off and kept off until evaluation by a licensed electrician.

Can I turn on my heating and air conditioning unit?

 We recommend that you not turn on your furnace or air conditioning unit without clearance from the HVAC contractor.

What items do I keep in my possession?




Valuable Jewelry


Personal Documents

Valuable Paintings




Gasoline Cans

Stamp/Coin Collections



How do I keep track of non-restorable items?

 We recommend you make a list of items (including food items) deemed nonrestorable. Use a format like the sample below, or obtain a similar form from your insurance company. Make a copy for your insurance company and keep one for yourself.

Do I need to move out of my property during this process?

 This is ultimately your decision. Some things you may want to consider are safety concerns, odors, electricity, noise from equipment, etc. If vacating your premises for any length of time consider the following: forward your mail to your temporary residence; stop newspaper and other deliveries; notify utility company, cable company, etc., of temporary suspension of services.

Do I need general contractors?

 There are some items that may require general contractors such as drywall/painting; electrical; plumbing; roofing; framing/finish carpentry; flooring/carpet; installation of doors, windows, cabinets, post-construction cleanup, etc.

Do my belongings need to be moved away from the premises?

 Depending on the source, nature and extent of the fire, it may be best to remove all belongings to a secure facility for cleaning, storage and to make room for restoration or construction. ServiceMaster Restore® will work with you and your insurance claims representative to manage this process.

Will I have access to my belongings while they are in storage?

 Yes, with advance notice we can schedule time for a ServiceMaster Restore Restoration Technician to meet with you and provide access to your requested items. A service charge may apply.

What about special items? Artwork, china, heirlooms, etc.

 Some high-value items require restoration by a specialist. Working with your insurance claims representative, we can help you identify these and locate a qualified restorer.

Who is responsible for paying for the service?

 Ultimately you, the property owner, are responsible for payment and will need to sign a form authorizing payment for the restoration services. If this is an insurance claim, ServiceMaster Restore generally collects only the deductible (co-payment) amount from you and bills the balance to your insurance provider as a service to you. If you have a large loss, your mortgage company may be included as a payee on the payment from your insurance company, and you may need to obtain a signature from them as well. If your claim is not covered by insurance or you decide not to file a claim, you will be expected to pay in full.

Fire Damage Videos