Mold can grow anywhere there is moisture. This means no home is 100% safe from mold growth in their kitchen, bathroom, basement or anywhere else in your home. If you have discovered mold in your home, you are probably also concerned about health risks to you and your family. Mold is known to cause all kinds of health issues. The spores of mold can irritate the respiratory system and can cause sneezing, runny nose, itchy or watery eyes and other symptoms.

You have probably already searched for ways to clean mold and are trying to decide if this is something you can do yourself or need a professional to come in and mitigate.

Cleaning mold yourself can be a dangerous proposition. By cleaning mold without professional help, you are putting yourself at risk. Mold can easily become airborne and without the proper tools and techniques can spread to other parts of your home or threaten your health.

Something else you should consider is being able to mitigate your mold problem entirely. Mold often hides inside the wall, under the flooring and in the crawl space where you may not be able to see. Mold removal and mitigation specialists are trained to find the mold and eradicate it from your home.

Using DIY cleaning hacks such as bleach or vinegar solutions can also send mold spores airborne. This can trigger further health problems and allow the mold to spread.

When dealing with mold removal, it is best to leave it to the professionals such as ServiceMaster Restore of Flathead County. Our team is experienced in mold removal. We will create a custom mold remediation plan so that the mold in your home does not get worse.